Looking for a new baking project? Lead Pastry Chef Lindsay Sipress shared her simple, versatile recipe for all the carbs we’re craving right now–muffins, snack breads and cakes!
BONUS: This makes one cake, two standard loaves or around 24 muffins. Keep what you want for the next few days out now, then store the rest in the freezer.
Tag @juniperandivy in your quick bread photos for us to share!
CHEF LINDSAY’S BANANA BREAD
(See Chef’s Notes to transform to any quick bread)
- – 4 eggs
- – 4 medium bananas*
- – 1 cup oil**
- – 3 cups granulated sugar
- – 1 teaspoon salt
- – 1 teaspoon baking soda
- – 4 1/4 cups flour***
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Mix together wet ingredients, set aside
- Sift together dry ingredients, set aside (if adding fixin’s like cinnamon or other spices, nuts, dried fruits, chocolate chips, etc.—add them now! Adding to the dry ingredients prevent them from sinking to the bottom)
- Stir wet & dry mixtures together until well-combined
- Pour into greased muffin tins, two bread loafs, or a cake pan and bake for around an hour (times vary based on pans so check around 45 minutes and keep an eye on it – remove once the top is nice and golden)
- Let cool for at least 20 minutes before diving in!
*Sub for 1.5c shredded carrot/zucchini, pumpkin purée, applesauce, or whatever’s on hand
**For oils, vegetable, canola, or melted coconut oil will work
***For flours, bread or all purpose works best, but you can sub in up to 1/4C almond or whole wheat flour for a healthier version